LGBTI Pulse Memorial Scholarship®
The LGBTI Pulse Memorial Scholarship is created to provide financial support to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer, individuals between 18 and 26 who are in pursuit of a university or college degree. Through this scholarship, LGBTIQ youth can apply for financial support to pay for educational-related expenses towards a degree from an accredited university, college, or technical/vocational institution. Guidance on completing the application, the application form (for reference only), and letters of recommendation templates are available as PDF files below.
For 2017 up to USD 5,500 in funding is available.
The on-line application system is now open. Apply by 30 November 2017.
This scholarship is available to LGBTIQ between 18 and 26. You must be enrolled and about to begin studies, currently studying, or have completed your program in the last 12 months. You must either be a citizen, a permanent resident of, or have refugee status in, the country you are studying, or plan to study. Please note individuals attending an institution on a student visa are not eligible for this award.
Each candidate must:
1. Write a letter of intent, maximum 800 words, detailing your belief that you should be the recipient of this year's award and how it will support your pursuit of higher learning. Some questions to consider: How do you distinguish yourself as a leader? What leadership roles have you held? How have you supported others to grow in their own leadership experiences?
2. Provide a copy of your most recent transcript, scanned and uploaded as an attachment to your application. Secondary school is accepted, if this is your most recent.
3. Provide two letters of recommendation. One on "Leadership qualities" and one on "Continued academic success". At least one letter must be from a faculty member or instructor. Letters from family members are not accepted. Letters must be typed and uploaded as an attachment to your application.
4. Proof of enrollment in a post-secondary college or university, once you receive it. If do not have this document by the time you submit your on-line application, please indicate this when prompted to do so.
5. Complete all sections of the on-line application form, upload all required supporting documents and submit by the deadline: 30 November
6. Be available for a telephone interview lasting between 30-45 minutes should you be one of the finalists selected.
Award money will be paid directly to the educational institution and only after proof of enrollment has been received. Requests for alternative arrangements will be considered exceptionally, upon direct request and a review of circumstances indicated. All decisions of the selection committee are final.
Please complete your application and upload all required documents using the on-line application system by 30 November. All applicants will be acknowledged as having applied. Finalists will be contacted and interviews scheduled after the closing date.
The on-line application system is now open. Apply by 30 November.
For more information, or support completing the application process, please contact the LGBTI Pulse Memorial Scholarship administrators: Email: email@example.com | Phone: +61.481.341.518 (Brisbane, Australia) +1.604.721.3640 (Vancouver, Canada)
LGBTI Pulse Memorial Scholarship is a registered trademark of Daniel Szabo Foundation (YFE Inc.)